Nagiso-machi (town) Museum
The Nagiso-machi Museum consists of the fillowing three buildings; a Honjin (an officially appointed inn established for daimyos (government officials), court nobles, and other important personages along the main highways during Edo period (1600-1868) restored to the original state according to the floor plan found in the later part of the Edo (Tokugawa) period (1600-1868), a Waki-hon- jin (a subsidiary inn for the same purpose) "Okuya" opened to the public on September 9, 1967, and a Historical Materials Museum made up of a reinforced concrete building and a wooden one.
Kenmotsu-Shigetsuna Shimazaki who belonged to the famous war-lord, Shingen Takeda, lived in Tsumago in 1555, performed distinguished services in the holding of Tsumago Castle in the 12th year of Tensho (1584), and was appointed to a daikan (a local governor) of Tsumago village. In the 6th year of Keicho (1601), Yojiemon-Shigemichi Shimazaki, a younger brother of Kenmotsu-Shigetsugu, was appointed to a tonya (a wholesaler for transportation), and each generation of the family took the office of honjin combined with that of a shouya (a village headman) of Tsumago village. This honjin was taken as the house of Jyuheiji Aoyama (real man was named as Yojiemon-Shigeyoshi), one of the protagonists appearing in the novel "Yoake-mae" (Before the dawn), and also the house where the mother of *Toson Shimazaki (Nui) was born. Also, the elder brother of Toson (Hirosuke) was adapted into the family from Magome Honjin. Tsumago-juku Honjin was restored to the original state in 1995 according to the floor plan in the later part of the Edo period.
*Toson Shimazaki who was the one of famous authors in Japan, was born in Magome where next to Tsumago.
He wrote "Yoake-mae".You can get the information of him at the memorial holl of Toson Shimazaki in Magome juku(post town) where is next to Tsumago.